Join us for a thrilling, self contained white water expedition in the Himalayan river Kali. Floating past terraced farms of Kumaoni and Nepali villages, fresh water streams, sandy beaches, thick tropical jungles, plantations we travel downstream through the terai belt negotiating exciting white water.
The Kali-Sharda river, popularly known as "Kali" forms a natural border between India and Nepal in its upper reaches, flows through some of the scenic valleys in Uttarakhand, some of the best known fishing spots like Pancheshwar come along its way, before it finally flowing down to the plains.
This is a completely self supported trip, wherein all our camping gear, food etc. is carried on cargo rafts.
The expedition schedule requires 6 clear days of rafting, and 1 day for transit.
Day 00 Board overnight train from Delhi - Kathgodam leaving at 2245 hrs.
Arrive at 0615 hrs. Drive Kathgodam to Pithoragarh (07 hrs). Overnight at Rest House. Views of Panchuli more than compensate for the drive.
Drive from Pithoragarh to put-in at Jhulaghat (02 hrs).
Today we cover a stretch of 15 kms, negotiating mainly Class II rapids. And camp by late afternoon.
We enter the gorge today. Pass Pancheshwar, the point where Kali meets river Saryu, coming from Pindari glacier, and forms Sharda. And camp below the confluence near Nidil village for a relaxed afternoon.
We continue in the gorge, River is pacy today as we negotiating series of Class III rapids. Thick jungles and inhabited section greets us most of the day.
Today, we raft over an hour to the Class IV Chuka rapid. Scout and raft down another hour to set up Camp below Chuka.
We begin to enter the terai jungles today with great white water and the chance of spotting a wild elephant. We reach Boom for the drive to Kathgodam.
Overnight Ranikhet Express to Delhi leaving at 2045hrs. Arrive next morning at 0445 am.
* Costing will exclude train fares.
* Grade III kayaking participants, can be provided with kayaks at an additional expense of INR 2000.
* Minimum age 18 years, Maminum age 45 years
* Camp rules and decorum needs to be followed strictly.
* Outdoors and camping involves mild roughing it out. Please don't expect luxuries.
* Toilets are tented dry-pit based, and adhere to forest guidelines.
* Cost does not include any alcoholic drinks.
* Self bailing rafts will be provided to participants with maximum 7 participants per raft.
* For safety, expert and qualified rescue kayakers will escort the entire trip.